1.2K views
100% full Not resolved

KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of laminated "Masonite". "Masonite is a type of hardboard made of steam-cooked and pressure-molded wood fibres in a process patented by William H. Mason.[2] This product is also known as Quartrboard,[3] Isorel, hernit, karlit, torex or treetex.[4]".

The cabinets are manufactured by subcontractors, some good and some not so good.

KraftMaid cabinets that we recently ordered for a customer to add to an existing KraftMaid kitchen that had all true "APC" 100% All Plywood Construction were manufactured by a subcontractor in Middlefield Ohio and when we compared the craftsmanship of the older and newer cabinets, the new cabinets were (for lack of better words, pretty bad), they actually used staples in the construction and they were randomly used.

We had to be careful handling the cabinets because of the way they had installed corrugated joint fasteners, they were not installed properly and you could seriously cut your hand(s)!

The customer had us toss the new KraftMaid cabinets in the construction dumpster and had a local cabinet maker make the cabinets that he wanted.

Its really sad to see the changes in what is now acceptable craftsmanship in USA made products.

Please don't tell me we are forced to accept poor construction because of price competition. A lot of my customers pay a fair price for quality construction and they are not getting it from national brands anymore.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of kraftmaid cabinet from KraftMaid and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $3900 and wants KraftMaid to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was poor craftsmanship. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by KraftMaid for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with KraftMaid?

Comments

#1131912

KraftMaid cabinets are not made by subcontractors you ***. The product is produced and finished in Middlefield Ohio by Kraftmaid employees.

to Anonymous Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1131961

KraftMaids construction quality is apropos to your English grammar.

If as you say, KraftMaid is produced and finished in Ohio, and not by subcontractors, that would make it even a sadder situation.

I would consider this as a poor example of Governor Krish's brag on jobs created in Ohio?

Perhaps Trump or Hillary would be a better chose as candidate for President, what do you think?

to oldguy #1143568

Once again, an entitled consumer that has no clue how this industry operates. You sound like a typical home center shopper...good luck with that.

rideinsky
to Anonymous Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1158921

Bingo Anonymous, you surprised me, you are somewhat incisive after all.

We all are ENTITLED consumers, we are ENTITLED to a quality product when we pay large sums of money to a company that purports to sell a quality product!

to Anonymous #1360713

Your employees are not making quality cabinets. Likely because corporate is cutting corners to make more profits but that is the real story.